Jackson Hole Lodging Special- Golden Ticket DealDecember 15, 2016
Jackson Hole Winter Activities- Mountain Host Tour of JHMRJanuary 17, 2017
At Inn on the Creek, our beautiful winter wonderland Jackson Hole Bed and breakfast, our guests as well as we locals love everything that involves snow! A favorite of traveling is experiencing what a local loves about their town. Well, read on to discover a detailed list of local’s favorite for Jackson Hole Winter Activities.
- Snow Shoeing- You can snowshoe just about anywhere and no experience is necessary! If you can walk, you can snowshoe. One of our favorite areas is right in Grand Teton National Park. A local’s favorite is to take a Ranger-led snowshoe tour through the Park. No matter how long you have considered Jackson Hole home, you will still learn something from these amazing tours. These complimentary tours are offered Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 1:30pm. Tours last 2 hours and reservations are required.
- Dog Sledding– One of a local’s favorite winter event is the International Pedigree Dog Sled Race that kicks off every January on Town Square in Jackson Hole. This annual dog sled race goes throughout the region and is a wonderful training ground for world-class competitors. Taking one of the day tours with the local dog sled companies, let’s you try your hand at mushing the team and getting out on the trail. Go out and lead a sled of dogs along the Continental Divide or through a canyon that may end with a dip in the hot springs. Best part about this is that you really think you are directing the dogs.
- Cross Country Skiing- The ‘other’ kind of skiing is a local’s favorite way to get out for a peaceful day in the woods with the added bonus of a kick-butt workout! There are so many cross country trails to choose from all across the valley, close to 80 to be exact. Click here to view them and their grooming report.
- Hockey- We are so lucky in this little town to have a terrific hockey team that competes in the Senior A Division of the U.S.A. Hockey Association! The Moose Hockey Team plays most Friday and Saturday nights at the Snow King Event and Ice Center throughout the winter. Local bands play between periods and don’t miss your high-five from Knuckles, the Moose’s mascot. Look at their schedule to find out if they will be playing when you visit us. Grab a local beer and belly up to glass with the local’s to cheer on the Moose!
- Broom Ball. The coolest game in town- literally! This co-ed sport is played on the outdoor rinks in town after dark. Broomball is the best winter game around! Spectating is just as fun as playing and a whole lot safer.
- Fat Bikes and Tours. The latest winter craze with the local’s has been fat bikes. These bikes with big tires are equipped to power through snow and ice, so they can be ridden year round. Experience this craze with a Guided Fat Bike Tour through Grand Teton National Park. Such a unique way to see the park!
So, with all of these options for vacationing like a Jackson Hole local, reserve your cozy room at Inn on the Creek. The snow is falling, so we will see you soon to experience these local’s favorite Jackson Hole Winter Activities!