After many requests from our guests at Inn on the Creek, a Jackson Hole b&b, we are posting our delicious Banana Bread Recipe. Many words of delight can be heard when we serve it for breakfast and hardly a piece is left over. We invite you to try this recipe at home and fondly remember your stay at Inn on the Creek.
3 ripened bananas 2/3 cup sugar
1 egg 1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/3 cup flour 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup oil 1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork or a potato masher. (If you prefer bigger pieces of banana in your bread, leave them chunkier)
3. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla to the bananas and mix.
4. Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix. Then add the oil being careful not to over mix.
6. If using, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
7. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
8. Let cool and serve.
You do not have to stay at a luxurious Jackson Hole B&B to have this delicious banana bread. Bake up a loaf at home today.
-Adapted from Jenny Buffington’s Grandma Bliss’ Banana Bread recipe.