Jackson Hole Inn Recipe Book: Kelly’s Signature Chocolate Chip Oatmeal CookiesFebruary 27, 2013
Jackson Hole Wyoming Vacation Ideas- The National Museum of Wildlife ArtMarch 14, 2013
Imaging waking up to this delicious dish while on your Jackson Hole Summer Vacation. French Toast Bake is a regular star on our breakfast menu at Inn on the Creek. This recipe is a family tradition of our breakfast hostess Robyn and is now a tried and true guest favorite. This sweet breakfast treat is topped with pecans for a delightful crunch. Serve with thick-cut bacon and high quality maple syrup for a delicious start to your day.
Ingredients: 1 loaf of French bread 2 tbsp. sugar 8 large eggs 1 tsp. vanilla 2 cups half & half ¼ tsp. cinnamon 1 cup milk ¼ tsp. nutmeg
Topping Ingredients: 1 cup butter 2 tbsp. corn syrup 1 cup brown sugar ½ tsp. cinnamon 1 cup chopped pecans ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1. Slice bread into 1” slices and arrange in two buttered 8”x8” glass dish.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients (not the ‘topping ingredients’) with a whisk. Be careful not to over mix.
- 3. Pour the egg mixture over the bread slices in the 2 glass dishes.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6. In a medium bowl combine the topping ingredients and spread equally over the egg and bread mixture.
- 7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to an hour. The dish will be done when its puffed and slightly golden. Note: The dish raises as it cooks and may bubble over. Place a cookie sheet under the dishes to avoid any oven spills.
A luxury breakfast recipe compliments of Inn on the Creek hotel Jackson Hole.