Jackson Hole Fall- Moose On The LooseSeptember 15, 2016
Jackson Hole Fall- Autumn LeavesSeptember 28, 2016
We are trying out new recipes at the Inn on the Creek, a Jackson Hole Bed and Breakfast. This week we got a little fancy in the kitchen with fresh produce from our Jackson Hole Farmer’s Market. Our creation was a Zucchini and Carrot Rose Tart! The recipe and the step-by-step instructions follow, so read on.
Straight from the farm, multi-colored carrots and zucchini.
What you will need for this fabulous dish:
- 0.8 lb. ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. Parmesan cheese
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 4.5 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 multi-color carrots
- 2 zucchini
- Tart Base: unfold the pastry sheet on a tart pan and bake as instructed.
- To make the tart filling: mix together the ricotta, eggs, parmesan cheese, grated nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Add the cubed mozzerella and fresh oregano. Mix until smooth.
Fresh Oregano from our garden
- For the Vegetable Roses: slice the zucchini and carrots lengthwise using a potato peeler or mandolin (set at #2 thickness). Place the slices in a bowl and cook in the microwave for 1 minute. This makes the slices soft and easy to roll.
- Spread the cheeses on top of the tart base
- Take a long slice of vegetable & roll it on itself very tightly. That’s the core of the rose. Take another slice and keep rolling. Place the bud in the center of the tart. The cheese cream will act like a glue & keep the bud in place. Now repeat placing different colors around each other, until you have a field of roses!
- Brush some EVOO on top of the roses and bake the tart in the preheated oven at 380′. Enjoy!!!
We had plenty of shredded carrots and zucchini that were too small to roll, so we made roasted root veggies and potatoes. This is a wonderful side dish for the tart. Mix the scrape carrots and zucchini with roasted potatoes and red onions. Toss them with a little olive oil and garlic salt. Baked at 425 degrees until tender and a little crispy.
Fall is here and we are preparing some wonderful comfort breakfasts for you! Come on in and spend a magnificent fall morning with us at Inn on the Creek.
Special thanks to Buona Pappa for the great inspirations!