An Inn on the Creek afternoon tradition of freshly baked cookies greets our newly arriving guests or welcomes back our in-house guests from their adventures in Jackson. These pumpkin cookies have quickly become a guests sensation. The real pumpkin puree combined with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves make these cookies a heart-warming treat. Our new breakfast chef, Robyn Zimmer, created this delicious recipe. Robyn is a Jackson native and loves to share her knowledge and stories of the area with the guest.
Dry Ingredients Liquid Ingredients
2 ½ cups flour ½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp. baking powder 1 ½ cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda 1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp. cinnamon 1 egg
½ tsp. nutmeg 1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. salt
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and set aside in a large bowl.
2. In medium bowl combine all of liquid ingredients. Mix with dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheets by tablespoons.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool cookies for 10 minutes.
4. To make glaze: Mix the first 3 glaze ingredients. Slowly add milk till you get the correct consistency.
5. Drizzle glaze with a spoon onto cooled cookies.