Jackson Hole Fall Activities- Fall Arts FestivalSeptember 6, 2017
Jackson Hole Bed and Breakfast Recipes- Rice Krispie PumpkinsNovember 14, 2017
Fall is a welcome change of season for bakers. Here at Inn on the Creek, we have dug through old and new Jackson Hole bed and breakfast recipes to find some of our favorite spiced treats to prepare in the coming months. This recipe for apple pie bites from The Blond Cook, is easy to make and easy to add a twist to.
Apple Pie Bites
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- You can drizzle caramel on top of the bites, put a dollop of vanilla icecream on top, or both!
- If you’re a fan of caramel inside, drizzle the caramel on the crescent before the apple is rolled up.
- Feel free to play around with what kind of nuts you add, as well.
We really enjoy making our Jackson Hole bed and breakfast recipes that are perfectly suited for autumn. Come visit us at Inn on the Creek and let us bake some of these wonderful treats for you!