Jackson Hole Bed and Breakfast Recipes- Apple Pie BitesSeptember 29, 2017
Jackson Hole Winter Activities- Early Season FunNovember 21, 2017
Here is a recipe we found that is perfect for a fall-themed party. This is one of our fun Jackson Hole bed and breakfast recipes that we love during autumn time. Find the recipe from One Little Project at a Time here.
Rice Krispie Pumpkins Recipe
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 bag large marshmallows (approximately 40 marshmallows)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Red & Yellow Liquid Food Coloring
- Mini Rolos
- Green M&M’s
- ¼ cup cooking oil in a small bowl (to keep it from sticking to your hands)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and combined with the butter.
- Remove from the heat. Add several drops of yellow food colouring, mix it together, then add red food colouring one drop at a time, mixing as you go. Add red/yellow drops until you reach your desired colour. (I used about 4 drops red and 12 drops yellow). Mix well.
- Add the Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of your hands with a generous amount of cooking oil, and roll the Rice Krispie mixture into small balls. Set on parchment paper. Add oil to your hands after each ball.
- While the balls are still warm, gently press a Mini Rolo into the top of each pumpkin for the stem and add a green M&M beside it as the leaf. (Tip: If the pumpkins cool before you’re finished, use the end of a thick marker or apple corer to make a small indent in the top for the chocolate to sit in.)
- Allow to cool until firm.
We are enjoying making lots of festive fall goodies from our Jackson Hole bed and breakfast recipes collection. Come visit us at Inn on the Creek right now to devour a few for yourself!