Jackson Hole Winter Activities- Cross Country Skiing at Teton PinesJanuary 26, 2017
Jackson Hole Winter Activities- A Winter day a Snow King MountainMarch 1, 2017
Our guests at Inn on the Creek, a Jackson Hole Bed and Breakfast, enjoy our social hour after a long day of playing. It is a wonderful time in the evening when guests are getting back from their days adventures and preparing for the evening out on the town. Social hour around here includes light appetizers. This cranberry & pistachio cheese log is a great addition to our hors d’oeuvre table and will be just what you need on your table. This is, also, an easy make – ahead item to have in the freezer when you need to bring something to the party. We hope you enjoy.
- 8 ounces of Creamed Cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp tasty cheddar cheese (We like Tillamook)
- 1 cup grated Havarti cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (we used whole grain and a full tablespoon of it!)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
- Your favorite cracker. We served these with Mary’s Gone Crackers.
- Add the cheeses, mustard and dried cranberries into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until very well combined – We used the counter blender or you can mix this by hand. Just ensure that the mustard is dispersed evenly throughout the mixture. A suggestion would be to taste before you create the log. You may want to spice it up!
- Shape the cheese mix into two even shaped logs and then roll in the crushed nuts, pressing to ensure the pistachios adhere well. Or you can add the pistachios directly into the cheese mixture while mixing.
- Roll the logs tightly in cling wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up.
- Slice into rounds and serve with thin wafer biscuits or as part of a cheese platter
We hope you make this your own and share it with family and friends during special occasions. We would be thrilled to know about your favorite cheese log when you visit us at Inn on the Creek.