Jackson Hole Bed and Breakfast Recipe Book – Cranberry Cream SconesNovember 29, 2016
Holidays in Jackson Hole- Holiday DiningDecember 14, 2016
Spending the holidays in Jackson Hole is a magical experience.
Jackson Hole is a terrific place to celebrate the holidays. There are many festive events and activities for you to enjoy and make lasting holiday memories. Below are a few of our favorites:
Holiday Events and Activities
- December 23rd- Start your holiday week off with a sleigh ride on the National Elk Refuge and a visit to the Greater Yellowstone and Jackson Hole Visitor Center. Bundle up and enjoy the scenic sleigh ride through the refuge while spotting the area’s wildlife. After the ride do not miss the Feathered Friends Friday Exhibit at the Visitor Center! Sleigh Tours depart from the Visitor Center hourly from 10am to 4pm.
- Christmas Eve, December 24th- Take the scenic aerial tram to the top of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and enjoy the view from the top of the world! Delicious one-of-a-kind waffles are served up at Corbett’s Cabin. Stick around the base of the ski village for Santa Claus’s grand entrance at 4:30pm!
The Santa Drop. Picture from Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Website
- Christmas Day, December 25th- After a festive holiday breakfast at the Inn, get out and take some turns with Santa Claus! Santa Claus will be skiing away the afternoon on Christmas day. The festivities begin at 1pm at JHMR.
- December 26th- December 30th- Try one or all of these fun activities listed below to get in the holiday spirit!
- Take in a dinner show at the Jackson Hole Playhouse– Enjoy their holiday show, Snowed Inn for Christmas, with a fine dining dinner service starting at 6:30pm. Closed Sundays.
- Snowshoe through Grand Teton National Park with a Ranger– this unique experience offers a wonderful way to learn about the area and enjoy the tranquility of the park in the winter. Offered Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday starting at 1:30pm with reservations required.
- Visit Granite Hot Springs- Let it snow while you soak in naturally-fed hot springs. Access this wonderful activity by dog sled or snowmobile.
- Yellowstone Tour– Spend a day touring into the first national park. Few experience the magic of Yellowstone in the winter.
- December 30th- Turn your attentions to the heavens! A free stargazing event with an astronomer is offered at the Center for the Arts lawn, a short walk from the Inn, 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- NYE, December 31st- The annual Torchlight Parade with fireworks is a spectacular sight on New Year’s Eve Night. Skiers with torches snake their way down the mountain with a firework show finale. This year both Teton Village (starting 6pm) and downtown Jackson will have a torchlight parade and firework show. The downtown Jackson show starts at 7pm and is at Snow King Mountain Resort only 1 mile from the Inn. Great viewing from our front door!
- Jackson Hole sure knows how to ring in the New Year- many celebrations are held on NYE including a party at the top of the Bridger Gondola in Teton Village.
Let the many amazing restaurants in Jackson Hole cook you up a festive meal this holiday season! We are lucky to have big city cuisine in this small mountain town that will please all culinary critics out there. Please visit our blog on the dining options in Jackson Hole and note that reservations are strongly recommended at all restaurants during this busy time of year.
Don’t miss out on another terrific holiday season at Jackson Hole! Plan your 2016 Holiday vacation and stay at Inn on the Creek now. Please call us at 800-669-9534 for availability and room rates. Looking forward to your call!