This Jackson Hole Lodge has a new addition to our breakfast repertoire. The new recipe was inspired by a local restaurant, Nora’s Fish Creek Inn, a long time locals’ favorite. After many happy visits to Nora’s devouring their Banana Bread French Toast, our Innkeeper Lindsey decided to bring this treat to the Inn on the Creek. In developing the Inn on the Creek’s recipe, Lindsey knew the most important step would be to start with delicious Banana Bread. For this, she used the Inn on the Creek’s proprietor Amy’s recipe.
Inn on the Creek’s Banana Bread French Toast
- 1 loaf of Amy’s Banana Bread
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- butter for cooking
1. Cut the loaf of banana bread into 1/2″ slices
2. Warm butter in a large skillet over medium heat
3. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk
4. Add the half and half, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to the mixing bowl with eggs. Whisk to combine.
5. Working in small batches, soak the banana bread slices in the egg mixture till moist through (Careful the bread has a tendency to fall apart)
6. Drain the excess egg mixture off the banana bread slices and place in the skillet. Repeat till the skillets is full
7. Brown each side, about 4 to 5 minutes per side
8. Continue with the rest of the banana bread slices
Serve with orange slices and high quality maple syrup for a delicious breakfast straight out of a Jackson Hole Lodge’s Recipe Book.
Thanks for the inspiration Nora’s!