Nothing is as comforting after a great day exploring Jackson Hole, Wy as a chocolate chip cookie, or two. Kelly’s signature recipe are chocolate chips cookies with a bang! Kelly joined our staff this winter and brings with her years of experience in the kitchen. She was a baker at Lotus Cafe, an amazing restaurant in town and most recently the kitchen and garden manager at a Youth Garden Project in Moab, UT. The secret to Kelly’s delicious cookies is the sea salt, which creates a salty and sweet contrast that enhances the sweet flavor. Make them for the guests in your world.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com Ready In: 55 Minutes Servings: 42
Ingredients:1 cup butter, softened 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour 1 cup packed light brown sugar ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ cup white sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 eggs 3 ¼ cups quick-cooking oats 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips Handful of coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (or about 340 degrees F at our altitude).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, and then stir in vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle tops lightly with coarse sea salt.
5. Bake for 11-13 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.