Many Jackson Hole Hotels offer breakfast, usually continental breakfast, to their guest that often includes muffins. Well these coffee and cream muffins are not your everyday average continental breakfast muffin. These subtly sweet muffins are a hit with our guest at Inn on the Creek. Bake them at home to start your morning off with a delightful treat! Ingredients: 2 tbsp. Nescafe Cappuccino 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 tbsp. baking powder 1/8 tsp. salt 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar 2 eggs 1 cup heavy cream 6 tbsp. melted, cooled butter 12 muffin liners Topping Ingredients: 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar 1/4 tsp. vanilla unsweetened cocoa Directions:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Mix the Nescafe Cappuccino and the boing water in a cup. Let cool.
- 3. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- 4. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the heavy cream, butter, brown sugar and dissolved cappuccino mix.
- 5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry- careful not to over mix.
- 6. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray. Place the muffin liners into the muffin pan. Scoop muffin mix into the liners till 2/3 full.
- 7. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- 8. Let the muffins cool.
- 9. Combine the heavy whipping cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Mix to stiff peaks. Scoop a small amount onto each muffin. Lightly sprinkle cocoa on top.
Adapted from 1 Mix, 100 Muffins author Susanna Tee.